Friday, November 27, 2015

The Chicken Coop, Part IV

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

As the time for the chickens to move into thier coop draws closer I am beginning to get a little nervous about finishing everything. I now have a master list of everything that needs to be done to finish so I don’t forget something at the last minute.
A couple weekends ago I was able to finish putting up all the exterior plywood and begin the tar paper. This thing will definitely be water proof.
Once I had a little more free time it didn’t take long to finish the tar paper all around. This is where I start to get a little excited (ok, more excited) because I am almost ready to add the exterior finishing which will give you an idea what the finished product will look like.
The first step of the exterior was to build, paint, and install the moulding around the windows and doors. I found 10 free minutes this morning to put them up with the help of my trusty nail gun and air compressor. I can’t let a little rain stop me from getting some work done on it.


                                                                      Part V (Final)

1 comment: